I am now accessing as a :

Government Of Assam Home & Political State Police Accountabilty Commission

Lodge a Complaint?


  • The victim or a person complaining on his behalf can lodge a complaint against misconduct with complete address of the complainant
  • A person who has witnessed any misconduct being committed by the police can also lodge a complaint
  • He/She should also attach any relevant documents as proof of the incident
  • He/She should submit sworn affidavit in support of complaint
  • The complainant must keep a copy of the complaint and the papers submitted, as well as date, stamped receipt as a record


The  Commission enquires  into  allegations  of  "misconduct" or “serious misconduct”  against police  personnel, either suo moto or on a complaint received from any of the following:
(a) a victim or any person on his behalf;
(b) the National or the State Human Rights Commission;
(c) the police; or
(d) any other source. 

Process Flow

Upon completion of an enquiry, the Commission shall communicate its findings to the Director General of Police of the State and the State Govt. with a direction to:-
(i) Register First Information Report,
(ii) Initiate Departmental Action based on such findings duly following the evidence collected by police,
(iii) A copy of the order is also sent to the complainant. If the Commission finds no case of Serious Misconduct, this too is communicated to the complainant.

Eligibility Criteria

In most cases, the SPAC can enquire into allegations of serious misconduct against the police on its own or when it receives a complaint from:

(a)a victim or any person on his behalf;
(b)the National or the State Human Rights Commission;
(c)the police; or
(d)received from any other source.
The Commission can also suo-moto register a case and make an enquiry.

Documents Required

The complaint has to be submitted with an affidavit with full signature / proper address quoting PIN/contact number of the complainant at the present address of the Commission.

How to apply

A complaint is required to be filed giving the full name and address of the complainant and supported by an affidavit. The mobile number and e-mail id, if any, should also be provided.
Such complaint can be sent by Post or filed in the office of the Commission either personally or through his authorized agent.
Complaint can also be sent to the Commission by E-mail in its Id – aspolacct@gmail.com.

Type of Service

Offline - Yes 

Whom to Contact

Sri D.K. Nath, ACS(Retd.)
State Police Accountability Commission

How do i